Welcome to My Blog!

Hi! Thanks for visiting! If you have a blog or other favorite website you'd like me to check out, let me know! And, please, comment on my posts--I'd like to hear from you.
--Ms. Molly



Sunday, January 15, 2017

Introducing Baby Shae!

The Newest Member of Our Family

 Again, it's been forever since I've posted. I've still been crafty, just not very "bloggy." My biggest and best announcement is that we are once again grandparents! Our granddaughter Shae was born during the holidays--The best Christmas gift ever!

I just started working on her baby book/scrapbook. (And, yes, I need to do some catching up on her brother's too!)

Here is my first layout for her book:
On Day 2, Shae gave us some wonderfully cute baby smiles. I wanted this page to be happy, just like Shae & Jess in this photo. The row of flowers is cut from a DCWV paper stack called "Collage Art." The rest of the paper and cs is from CTMH. I added a small date stamp to the right side of the page and doodle outlined everything in black. Then I went back and doodled over the outline in sloppy white lines and added three doodle hearts over the date. It's a very simple layout, but it came together great. (Note: I cut off a bit of the photo during cropping--the flowers aren't as off-center as they seem.)
And, I must give credit, Jess knitted the cute stocking hat Shae is wearing. Jess is just learning to knit, and she's already better at it than I ever have been.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment