Welcome to My Blog!

Hi! Thanks for visiting! If you have a blog or other favorite website you'd like me to check out, let me know! And, please, comment on my posts--I'd like to hear from you.
--Ms. Molly



Monday, October 30, 2017

A Few Cards

Vintage Card Elements

I made these cards weeks (months?) ago and just found them on my camera.  They were both made from vintage cards a friend gave me. I use a lot of antique postcards (early 1900s), but these are from more like the 1960s, which I guess is vintage now.

I fancy cut around the right edge of the picture and left the left edge squared, added some background paper and border (CTMH retired stash), and the three little stars. Done.


The centers of these cards--the little velum squares with the stork paper element on top are little gift tags from baby gifts. The originals were appropriate for a boy or girl, but I added pink paper on one and blue on the other to make both girl and boy cards. I attached the velum with brads and on one a safety pin (I don't recommend this--that's why it's only on the one). The brown square is cardstock. I used a dark color so the light colors on the velum would be more visible. The background papers, bird, and banner are from a Collage Art Stack from DCWV

Dig in your drawers and closets for your old cards and recycle them into something special!

No comments:

Post a Comment