Welcome to My Blog!

Hi! Thanks for visiting! If you have a blog or other favorite website you'd like me to check out, let me know! And, please, comment on my posts--I'd like to hear from you.
--Ms. Molly



Wednesday, September 2, 2015

H2H "Poppy Color Challenge"

I haven't participated in an online challenge for awhile, so I decided today's the day.  This challenge is from the Heart 2 Heart challenge page.  Here was the inspiration photo:

 
And here's what I made:
 
Obviously, I added a lot of black accents to the suggested colors.  I started with black cs for the card base, then added a CTMH Lagoon cs base mat, then a white cs mat, then a CTMH Sunset cs mat. I ran the final and top piece of white cs through my Cuttlebug for the embossed dots. I added white doodled dots around the black border to make the card more whimsical.  The poppies and sentiments are from CTMH's stamp set "Wavy Blooms." I colored the poppies with Copic markers (YR04, YR68, & R05). The flower centers are CTMH large black sparkles.
The Sunset cs, bottom left poppy, and "happy" are all attached with dimensional adhesives.
I have a friend who loves orange who has a birthday coming up, and this just might be her card!

11 comments:

  1. Awesome card! I love the black added to the Heart 2 Heart color challenge. Thanks so much for sharing your artwork at H2H!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Laurie! I enjoy the challenges when I have time!

      Delete
  2. Lovely card, I especially like all the layers. Thanks for sharing with us at Heart2Heart!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That card is beautiful and so is the coloring of the floral image! Thanks for playing with us at Heart 2 Heart!

    H2H Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  4. The dots on the base are perfect. That was the first thing i noticed Thanks for sharing with us at Heart 2 Heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love adding dots . . . . . . . . .

      Delete
  5. Love the embossed background, it adds the perfect touch to this card! Thanks for playing along at H2H challenges.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lauren! I need to get my Cuttlebug out more often, for sure!

      Delete
  6. And we are so glad you did, this card is fabulous! Great colours, the embossing, the bling all of it work so well together, LOVE IT! Thanks for playing along with Heart 2 Heart Challenges (H2H)!

    Brandi R
    DT member H2H
    crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete