Welcome to My Blog!

Hi! Thanks for visiting! If you have a blog or other favorite website you'd like me to check out, let me know! And, please, comment on my posts--I'd like to hear from you.
--Ms. Molly



Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Creative University - Part 1


Robin G., Tresa Black, & I during Creative University
 Last Thursday through Sunday was Creative University, or Create U, or simply CU.  CU is the brainchild of artist and crafter Tresa Black.  Tresa is a fellow CTMH consultant, a member of the Lindy Stamp Gang design team, and an overall amazing artist.  I've been inspired by her website, Fabulously Artsy for quite a while.

Instead of just stalking Tresa online, my friend Robin & I decided to attend CU this year, something we've wanted to do for years.  This was Tresa's fifth annual CU.  She holds it at Camp Lutherhaven near Coeur d'Alene, Idaho--not a short trip from Iowa.
 
View of Lake Coeur d'Alene from CU.




The views at Camp Lutherhaven were spectacular!  It snowed a couple times, but not enough to cause problems, and the snow on the pine trees made for some great photos, of course to be scrapbooked later.  Whether we were in a class, hanging out in our crop area, or having a meal in the dining hall, the windows faced the gorgeous woods, lake, and mountains.  Sixty women attended, all scrapbookers, so there were more than a few pictures taken.





Creative Classes:
Card Cafe projects designed by Sheila Bennett

 Sheila Bennett designed and taught the class for these four cards.  Sheila's blog can be found HERE

These four birthday cards all showcased diferent techniques.  My favorite is the whale, which used CTMH's new "Footloose" papers and the "Under the Sea" stamp.

(Oops--the card on the bottom left was upside down when I took the picture!)


Layout designed by Michelle Nist.
Michelle Nist taught the scrapbooking class where we made this layout using CTMH's "Lucy" papers and the "Princess Wings" stamp set.  

Michelle's blog can be found HERE.
The flip-flap on the upper left of the left page of the layout opens to reveal a pop-up butterfly--too cool!



Except for preparing for the CU charm swap, which I'll show pictures of later, I had never made any jewelery until this awesome "Bird on a Wire" bracelet.  This bracelet was designed and taught by Erin Grotegut.  Go to Erin's blog HERE.  I love this bracelet!  I was completely out of my comfort zone, but it turned out great.  I still can't believe I made it.




This project was an altered cd tin. It was designed and taught by Michelle Johns.  Michelle's blog is HERE.  The project used papers from CTMH's "Stella" papers and incorporated some three dimensional flowers cut from the Cricut with CTMH's Art Philosophy cartridge.  I think it's beautiful.  I want to make some similar ones if I can find the cd cases.


The inside of the tin is full of flaps ready for photos.
A long post, and I'm not even done.  More info on CU to follow.

2 comments:

  1. These are awesome! I wish I could go to CU, but it's really far from GA. Keep sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are amazing Molly! I so wished I would of taken class pics then again I'm not finished with a couple things yet. Just Fabulous Story of your journey. TFS & Look forward to seeing you at CU 2013!

    ReplyDelete