Welcome to My Blog!

Hi! Thanks for visiting! If you have a blog or other favorite website you'd like me to check out, let me know! And, please, comment on my posts--I'd like to hear from you.
--Ms. Molly



Sunday, October 7, 2012

More Moonlight Cards

I made more Halloween cards with CTMH's "Moonlight" papers and the coordinating Workshop on the Go stamp set.  I absolutely love how the mummy looks after some shading with my copics.
Here's a close-up of the first card.  The mummy is popped up on dimensional adhesive.  The spider web "banner" in the corner is actually a straight line of webs, but with CTMH's clear acrylic stamps, you can easily bed the stamps a little to create a curve when you mount them to the block for stamping.  It's easy and works great.
The background of the images on this card is CTMH White Daisy cs.  I used some Tim Holtz distress ink and applicator sponge to give it the dark, foggy look.
It's a little bit light in the picture, but I used multi-generation stamping on this card to make the mummy look more ghostlike.  After inking the stamp up generously, I stamped the image to the far right.  Then, without re-inking, I stamped the image directly to the left, then the third and the fourth, all without re-inking.  It gives the feel of motion, and also looks a little spooky I think.  In "stampers' terms" the first image after you ink is the first generation, the next is second generation, then third generation, etc.  I only colored (with copics) the first generation image to make it really stand out.

No comments:

Post a Comment