Welcome to My Blog!

Hi! Thanks for visiting! If you have a blog or other favorite website you'd like me to check out, let me know! And, please, comment on my posts--I'd like to hear from you.
--Ms. Molly



Saturday, May 28, 2011

Orange Beach Layout

Another layout from my February vacation.  This is Orange Beach, Alabama.  We've been there before, and I have dozens of pictures of it in another scrapbook, so I just wanted to highlight my favorite photos from this trip.  I used paper from CTMH's Fanfare paper pack for the background with white cs for matting the pics and a stripe of outdoor denim cs for the stripe on the right page.
I love this picture, and it's obviously the highlight of the layout.  The worn look of the Fanfare B&T paper looks beachy to me.  I sewed (by hand) around the pic and added various buttons in blues and whites.  It's all very simple, except the sewing is tedious.  I got the layout idea from the book Playing with Paper by Angelia Wigginton.

I drug out the CTMH white daisy ink for the title.  It's pigment based, so it's a little messy to use, but it always looks great.  I think it adds to the weathered, beachy look of the layout.  I used CTMH's Delightful Alphabet stamp set.  The outdoor denim cs strip is water distressed on its vertical edges.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful photos and layout! I love the buttons around the main photo. Wish I were there!

    ReplyDelete