Welcome to My Blog!

Hi! Thanks for visiting! If you have a blog or other favorite website you'd like me to check out, let me know! And, please, comment on my posts--I'd like to hear from you.
--Ms. Molly



Friday, July 4, 2014

4th of July Card

One of my friend has a July 4 birthday, so I used CTMH's June SOTM "Kaboom" for her birthday card:
The colors are white, Outdoor Denim, and Ruby.  I ran a piece of Outdoor Denim cs through my Cuttlebug with a tiny polka dot folder, then I sanded the dots to make the white-on-blue embossed background.  The white shape was also made with my Cuttlebug, using the Spellbinders "Labels Two" die.  I stamped the fireworks from the "Kaboom" stamps using Outdoor Denim and Ruby inks.  I used CTMH Glitter Gel throughout the fireworks to make them sparkle.  The white fireworks piece is raised with dimensional adhesive and has a piece of red and white baker's twine tied around it in a knot.  "You're the BOMB" is attached with more dimensional adhesive on top of the knot.
 
Happy Fourth of July!
(and Happy Birthday, Donna!)

2 comments:

  1. Cute card! the sanded dots in the background really give the feeling of fireworks in the sky.

    ReplyDelete