Welcome to My Blog!

Hi! Thanks for visiting! If you have a blog or other favorite website you'd like me to check out, let me know! And, please, comment on my posts--I'd like to hear from you.
--Ms. Molly



Sunday, January 5, 2020

Happy New Year 2020!

New Year, New Goals 2020:

Remember all those artsy goals I had last year? Me either, so I looked them up:

1. Layouts (2/month or 24/year). (pretty sure this was a fail)
2. Christmas Tags (5/month or 60/year).  (Completed! I had more than enough for Christmas!)
3. Art Journal Pages (1/month or 12/year). (I'm going to call this completed. I finished a whole travel journal.)
4. Cards (5/month or 60/year). (I'm guessing this was completed too. I kept track of 22, and I know I did more for Christmas and miscellaneous occasions throughout the year.)
5. Etsy products (1/month or 12/year). (Partial Fail: I think I listed about 10.) 
6. Blogging (4/month or 36/year). (BIG FAIL. I counted 15 posts.)

I did have a great year! I made a lot of miscellaneous things. We went to New Orleans, beaches, Chicago, and Disney World. Travel plans for 2020 will probably be scaled way back. I gave up pop mostly, which for me is big. This is the year of saving and organizing (I hope). Not that I won't travel at all. I have a couple trips in mind.

So, this year's crafty goals:
1. Disney Layouts--Finish them. I'm not scrapbooking the whole trip, because I did a junk/travel journal of the trip, and it is done, so I'm just going to do 12x12 pages of my very favorite photos and/or memories.
2. Beach Layouts--I still have a lot to do from last year's (2018 I mean) trip. I want to do more of those.
3. Catch-Up Layouts--Lots and lots of possibilities here. I read once that you should never try to scrapbook everything chronologically because it's too overwhelming. Instead scrap what you feel like. This year (hopefully) I feel like doing some miscellaneous memory pages.
4. Cards. I want to do more from the supplies I have on hand, specifically my vintage photos, valentines, and postcards. These sell well, and they go together pretty quickly. I'm going to set my expectations low though. 40 cards.
5. Blogging. I made it into March last year. [eye roll] I've heard that many crafters are going back to blogging because of new YouTube restrictions. Maybe it'll come back into favor. Either way, I'm going to try to blog at least once per month.
6. Peace Pole. I've been wanting to make a garden peace pole forever, and I swear this is the year.

Tags and Etsy are both off the list. At this point, I have no strong feels about these. Wish me luck! And here's a cute picture of my family from Disney World, so this post isn't impossibly boring to everyone but me.

No comments:

Post a Comment