Welcome to My Blog!

Hi! Thanks for visiting! If you have a blog or other favorite website you'd like me to check out, let me know! And, please, comment on my posts--I'd like to hear from you.
--Ms. Molly



Tuesday, July 12, 2011

A Little Rant -- Please Read!

Protesters Pack Hearing To Cut Help For Disabled - Politics News Story - KCCI Des Moines

I attended this rally (click on above link for details) and the legislative rules review committee meeting today as an advocate for my special needs son.   Iowa lawmakers made cuts to our budget at the expense of our most vulnerable citizens, the ill and handicapped.  I urge you to stop these funding cuts in Iowa, or whatever your home state, and maybe most importantly in the federal government, especially in response to buzz words like "smaller government."  The reality is "smaller government" doesn't mean fewer bureaucrats.  It means less money for education; fewer programs for the sick, disabled and elderly; public parks and recreation closures; less funding for road maintenance; delays for courts; understaffed law enforcement; and cuts to every other public service we take for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment