Welcome to My Blog!

Hi! Thanks for visiting! If you have a blog or other favorite website you'd like me to check out, let me know! And, please, comment on my posts--I'd like to hear from you.
--Ms. Molly



Sunday, July 10, 2011

Welcome to Finland Layout

Welcome to Finland is the name of Jimmy Buffett's 2011 tour, so it makes a great title for my Buffett tailgate layout from Alpine Valley.  The layout is based, very loosely, on the Monologue layout from CTMH's Imagine book.  I used CTMH's Sweetheart B&T papers and added Dutch Blue and Pear cs.

Almost everything on the layout is CTMH, except for the stamped woman image, which is from Art Impressions.

I paper pieced the dress with some random B&T paper, and colored the rest of the image with copics.  Her lei is made by stringing small papercrafting flowers on a piece of string and threading it through and attaching it to the back.

For the title, I used the CTMH stamp set Around the Block for "Welcome to" (barely visible in this pic), Hang Ten for the shark fins, and Bohemian Alphabet for "Finland."  I stamped "Finland" in pear ink, filled in the flowered areas with Cotton Candy marker, then cut out the letters.

No comments:

Post a Comment