Welcome to My Blog!

Hi! Thanks for visiting! If you have a blog or other favorite website you'd like me to check out, let me know! And, please, comment on my posts--I'd like to hear from you.
--Ms. Molly



Monday, March 4, 2013

Pie Month?

Official Pie (Pi) Day is March 14 (3.14--get it?) My office is celebrating Pi Day this year with a potluck of pies, plus pizza pies for lunch. (Yes, I work in the best office EVER.)  Anyway, we starting talking about pies and pi day, and I couldn't help but make one early, because as I've said before, I love to make pies. Here's my pie crust recipe from an earlier post, my easy key lime pie recipe, and a picture of some apple pies I made from my abandoned 365-day-project blog.
This is a chocolate meringue pie from my mom's recipe.  My sister was here for supper, and she gave it two thumbs up.  It's more of a pudding-type pie instead of a cream or French silk.  The original recipe was cooked on the stove top, but now my mom and I both use the microwave, and it tastes just fine.  Here's the recipe:

 
Chocolate Filling
 
Heat 2 Cups of Milk & 1 Beaten Egg Yolk in microwave until hot (not boiling).
 
Stir together 2/3 Cup Sugar, 1/3 Cup Flour, a Little Salt, and at least 1/4 Cup Cocoa.
 
Stir Dry Ingredients with Milk/Egg Mixture.  Heat in microwave until just boiling--stopping to stir every 45 seconds or so.
 
When chocolate mixture boils, remove from microwave and stir in 2 tsp. Margarine and 1 tsp. Vanilla.  Poor mixture into cooked, cooled pie crust.
 
Meringue (for any meringue pie)
 
Beat Three Egg Whites.  Add 1/4 tsp. Cream of Tarter.  Beat eggs to stiff peaks.
 
Gradually add 2 Tbsp. sugar and mix.  Do not over beat meringue.
 
Spread meringue on pie and bake for just a few minutes at 375 degrees, or until peaks of meringue just begin to turn brown.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment