Welcome to My Blog!

Hi! Thanks for visiting! If you have a blog or other favorite website you'd like me to check out, let me know! And, please, comment on my posts--I'd like to hear from you.
--Ms. Molly



Saturday, October 12, 2013

Yellowstone Geysers Layount

First of all, I realize the pictures on this layout are not all actually "geysers," but that was a much better title than "geothermal areas," don't you think?
Anyway, I copied this layout pattern from Linda Rodriguez's layout titled "Tea Party" in the Creating Keepsakes book Fast Scrapbooking with 4x6 Photos.  I used the CTMH paper pack "Buzz and Bumble" because I thought the colors brought out the colors of the minerals in the photos.
The left page is pretty simple.  I used a zip strip from one of the papers and then cut a couple more strips the same size from another of the papers in the pack.  The flourish is from CTMH.
 
(That's Tom on the walkway.)
I used a CTMH alphabet stamp set that must have came with a special offer, because I can't find a name for it.  I can tell you it was not fun to cut out the letters.  Why didn't I use my Cricut for the title?  Because I'm not that smart.  I just don't use my Cricut that much, and the thought never occurred to me until I was half done cutting out the stamped images.  argh.
 
The journaling element idea was also taken from Linda Rodriguez's layout.  I used three tags and glued them together.   Then, I wrote across all three tags.  I altered my handwriting to make it look a little more vintage.  (I wrote short letters and stretched out the space between them.)  I distressed the tags with brown ink.  I didn't really have anything to journal about, so I described the different geothermal areas at Yellowstone.  I hope Wikipedia's info was accurate.

No comments:

Post a Comment