Welcome to My Blog!

Hi! Thanks for visiting! If you have a blog or other favorite website you'd like me to check out, let me know! And, please, comment on my posts--I'd like to hear from you.
--Ms. Molly



Monday, February 9, 2015

Hurricane Recipe: Get Ready for Mardi Gras!

Fat Tuesday is next Tuesday, February 17. I've been known to enjoy a hurricane or two from time to time, and there's no doubt Pat O'Brien's in the French Quarter has them perfected.  But, if you can't get one of these:
 
At this place: 
 
Then here's the closest recipe I've ever had to the original at Pat O's:
 
1 (12 oz.) bottle of Grenadine
9 oz. light (silver) Rum
9 oz. dark (gold) Rum
9 oz. Orange Juice
9 oz. Pineapple Juice
3 oz. Triple Sec
3 oz. Lime Juice
 
Mix all the ingredients and serve over ice.  Garnish with an orange and a maraschino cherry.
 
You don't need to use top-shelf rum, but don't skimp too much either. Caution: These are strong, but taste line fruit punch. A little goes a long way. One batch is enough for a gathering, and I suggest you serve them in small cups or glasses--not large hurricane glasses. That's too much unless you're stumbling down Bourbon Street. 
Happy Mardi Gras!

No comments:

Post a Comment