Welcome to My Blog!

Hi! Thanks for visiting! If you have a blog or other favorite website you'd like me to check out, let me know! And, please, comment on my posts--I'd like to hear from you.
--Ms. Molly



Monday, January 14, 2019

Journal with 1960s Vintage Valentines

This ring-bound journal is full of vintage early 1960s Valentines--the kind you would get in your carefully decorated shoe-box-turned-Valentine-box at school. I know these cards are the real deal, because my friend Jane actually received them in the early 1960s, they are addressed to "Jane" on the back, and the sack she gave them to me in was marked "1963."

Here's the front cover. I added lots of ribbons, glitter, Nuvo drops, and tags throughout the book.

This page has a "new ephemera" bottle cap attached to it.

This page has a lot of room for journaling.

A little tag with a heart pull tucks behind the "Dolly" Valentine.

This side pocket has a tag for either journaling or a small photo.

This "tub-e" page is one of my favorites. I think the ribbon on the inserts makes them kind of look like curtains.


This small folding piece tucks behind the tail and hearts in the upper picture.

A tag with another Valentines and a charm embellishment pulls from behind the bear Valentine.

The girl with the flower hat tucks behind the envelope, which has a tag that pulls out of it. The three hearts also pull out from the "heart" card.

1960s sexism shown here. The boy is the snake charmer, and the girl is hanging Valentines on a clothes line. Both have journaling papers slipped behind them.

These pages have four more Valentines and some Tim Holtz photo booth pictures.  In total, I think I used 16 vintage Valentines. My friend Jane must have been a popular gal!

This book is in my Etsy Shop: GoodGollyMsMolly If you're interested, please go take a look at it and the other handmade items I have for sale there.

1 comment:

  1. OOOOhhhhhh My goodness. I have Valentine's from when I went to school. This is such a great way to scrap them. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete