Welcome to My Blog!

Hi! Thanks for visiting! If you have a blog or other favorite website you'd like me to check out, let me know! And, please, comment on my posts--I'd like to hear from you.
--Ms. Molly



Sunday, January 6, 2019

Another year, another list of goals

2019 New Year's Resolutions

This year, I'm going to just list my creative goals, and there are a lot.

1. Layouts (2/month or 24/year). I've really almost quit scrapbooking because of my love for journaling, but I really like making large layouts, and I really want to keep making some.
2. Christmas Tags (5/month or 60/year). This Christmas my tag making was one of the things I scrapped when the holidays got busy. I'm going to try to do few per month this year, so I'll have a stash by December.
3. Art Journal Pages (1/month or 12/year). This is going to be very subjective to achieve. I counted finishing my beach junk journal as fulfilling January's quota. I really want to do some "for me" art journaling though, and I have a "girl power" themed journal in mind for my granddaughter I'd like to get started on.
4. Cards (5/month or 60/year). This includes cards for personal use and cards for sale.
5. Etsy products (1/month or 12/year). These are items I put up for sale. Hopefully, this will be much larger, but I'm new to Etsy, and although I think it's going well, I don't want to set this goal to high for my first full year.
6. Blogging (4/month or 36/year). I haven't met this goal since 2015, when I posted 50 times. In 2018 I blogged 4 times--why even do it? So, I'd like to blog more, which should be easy, because I'm still creating all the time. We'll see. I did get a new laptop for Christmas. Maybe that will be the magic cure.

This all seems pretty ambitious, I know. But, so far I have completed 11 Christmas tags (6 over quota), 1 Art journal requirement (check), 8 cards (3 over quota), 8 Etsy products (7 over quota), I've blogged at least once (I hope to schedule some more artsy posts later), and I have two layouts "in production." And, it's only January 6! Granted, I've had some extra weekend and holiday time lately, but I find that when I create, it gives me the bug to create more. I just need to keep up the habit.

Cheers to you this New Year. I hope 2019 is a good one, and all your resolutions are met, personal and creative.

No comments:

Post a Comment