Welcome to My Blog!

Hi! Thanks for visiting! If you have a blog or other favorite website you'd like me to check out, let me know! And, please, comment on my posts--I'd like to hear from you.
--Ms. Molly



Monday, January 7, 2019

Vintage Valentine Accordion Junk Journal

This is a little accordion Valentine journal I made using vintage Valentines and ephemera, mixed with some new ephemera that looks old. It has a string closure in the front.


These pictures show the album opened from both sides. Each "page" or panel is about 4x4 and is decorated separately, but they all have the same vintage feel, so they go together well.

This panel used all new ephemera and has a pocket for a tag for a little love note or photo.

I used a vintage BINGO card here and drew a heart over No. 14. The flowers are early 1900s ephemera, and the stamp & postmark are from an antique postcard. I added little dimensional elements like the hearts and the Nuvo drops throughout the journal.

I make another pocket here and added some vintage-look paper in it for journaling. The pocket is embellished with more antique ephemera.

The panel on the left as a to/from space for gifting, and there are two tiny paper tags tucked into vintage ephemera in the middle.

The left shows a page with vintage ephemera and vintage sheet music. On the right is an antique Valentine, which opens up to show the sentiment.

This shows the open Valentine.

On the right is a page with new ephemera: two photo booth reproductions from Tim Holtz, some stamping, and "LOVE" spelled with Scrabble tile stickers.

Here's the last page I have a photo of. It's a vintage Valentine with a stamped sentiment on dimensional adhesive. I added a little tag to the page with the numbers 14 on one side and a heart on the other. 

Thanks for taking the time to look at my art. This journal is in my Etsy shop: GoodGollyMsMolly Please visit the shop and take a look at all the items for sale there.

No comments:

Post a Comment