Welcome to My Blog!

Hi! Thanks for visiting! If you have a blog or other favorite website you'd like me to check out, let me know! And, please, comment on my posts--I'd like to hear from you.
--Ms. Molly



Friday, December 30, 2011

7 Gypsies Receipt Holder

I've had this receipt holder from 7 Gypsies sitting around with my other "to-do" projects for over a year, maybe two.  I finally got it out tonight.  I printed the family pictures with low color making them look older although all were taken this fall and winter.  I used a yellow patterned paper from CTMH's "Elemental" paper pack for the background.
I added misc. bits and pieces I had in my studio.  The dominoes, eight and six, represent the year we got married (1986).
There's a ticket stub from Tom and my annual trip to Alpine Valley to see Jimmy Buffett, along with some mini flip flops.
"Family" is made from miniature Scrabble letters.
We're all Cubs fans, so I added a ticket stub from a trip to Wrigley Field.  I made the fleur de lis with a small wooden disc, CTMH inks, and a CTMH stamp to represent Mardi Gras and our time living in Louisiana.
I had some extra chipboard letters I used to include each one of our initials.  Jess & Neal both attend the University of Iowa and we've all always been Hawkeye fans, so I added the tiger hawk.  Once I got started on this project, it came together in less than three hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment