Welcome to My Blog!

Hi! Thanks for visiting! If you have a blog or other favorite website you'd like me to check out, let me know! And, please, comment on my posts--I'd like to hear from you.
--Ms. Molly



Sunday, December 18, 2011

Collage Cubes Puzzle

I made this gift with CTMH's new "Collage Cubes."   This picture is my sister, her two grandsons, and my niece cooking hot dogs at my mom's farm.
  It comes with nine chipboard cubes and the base, all white.

  It measures 6" x 6" so you can cut a picture to that size, then cut it in two-inch squares to fit the cubes perfectly.  I inked the edges of the cubes first for a little distress between all the sides.
This side is pretty plain, just six different colors of cardstock with numbers embossed in silver.  I used a two-inch square punch for the cs that had a fancy edge.
This side is a current picture of the two brothers who received this collage cube as a gift.  The one on the left, Luke, is two, and Jack, on the right, is five.

I just stamped on this side and added some glitter gel highlights.  Here's a tip:  Watch out where your words break on the cubes.  I inadvertently ended up with the center cube here saying "F-U" when held alone.  LOL.

For this side, I only used a 5"x7" photo and trimmed it to 4"x6", so I added the embossed star design to complete the side.  (Sorry this picture is out of focus--it's not really.)

For the final side I just stamped some animals I thought little boys would like and added some Stickles around the edge.  I covered the base with cs and glued around a ribbon and bow.  The gift was a hit, and it was really simple and fast to put together.

No comments:

Post a Comment