Welcome to My Blog!

Hi! Thanks for visiting! If you have a blog or other favorite website you'd like me to check out, let me know! And, please, comment on my posts--I'd like to hear from you.
--Ms. Molly



Saturday, December 24, 2011

Show Devils Freak Show Layout

Doing a little scrapbooking this Christmas Eve Day.  And what says Christmas more than a Freak Show Layout?
These pictures are from October when me, my friend, and two nieces went to see my first cousin's daughter in her traveling side show act, Show Devils.  Her name is Serana Rose, and she and her boyfriend, "The Enigma" have traveled around the U.S. and Canada and several other countries swallowing swords, eating glass, and performing nasty tricks with chainsaws.  Not my usual kind of entertainment, or my usual crowd, but she's family, and I thought it would be fun to see when she was performing in central Iowa. 

That's me in the bottom right touching the implanted horn on The Enigma, who is covered in puzzle piece tattoos. Even the whites of his eyes are tattooed blue.  His ears are notched to look like puzzles.  Eeek.  I made the curtain-like feature across the top of both pages by cutting circles then cutting them in half.  Then I added the large CTMH peal opaques to look like tie-backs.
All of the papers are older stuff from my massive stash.  Most everything and the "Freak Show" title are from an old K&Company Scrap Pad To Go.  I tried to use papers and colors that had an older Vaudeville / side show feel to them.  All the pictures, papers, and insets are edged in black ink.  I used a white colored pencil on black cs for my journaling.

No comments:

Post a Comment