Welcome to My Blog!

Hi! Thanks for visiting! If you have a blog or other favorite website you'd like me to check out, let me know! And, please, comment on my posts--I'd like to hear from you.
--Ms. Molly



Sunday, August 11, 2013

Seattle Dream Pop Layout

When I started this layout, I had every intention of using one of CTMH's new paper packs (because I'm supposed to be selling that, right?), but in my mind the now unavailable Dream Pop papers just kept calling.  That's how it goes sometimes, and that's exactly why I'm a hobbyist and not a full-time CTMH consultant.  I create what makes me happy with whatever supplies I choose.
Back to the layout:
These are pictures from our recent road trip to Seattle from Iowa to visit new Seattle residents Jess & Neal.
I'm actually starting to use my Cricut more, and this layout has several Cricut elements and NO stamping.
The filmstrip is from CTMH's Cricut Artiste cartridge.  It makes a great accent or collage piece.  The strips in the upper right are zip strips from the edges of the Dream Pop B&T paper.  I edged each strip, the photo mats, and the layout in CTMH Slate ink.
"Seattle" is made from the old "George" Cricut cartridge that came with many of our first Cricut machines.  I still like the font.  I used black cs for the shadow and B&T paper from Dream Pop on top.
The cute little camera is made with CTMH's newest exclusive Cricut Cartridge, Artbooking.  I used Slate cs for the outline and a Dream Pop B&T paper for the background.  I edged the Slate cs with Slate ink.
The easiest way I've found to edge smaller cutouts like those made with the Cricut is with a makeup applicator.  Works like a charm and is super cheap.
 
Here's another look at the finished layout:
Thanks for looking, and feel free to share on Pinterest!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment