Welcome to My Blog!

Hi! Thanks for visiting! If you have a blog or other favorite website you'd like me to check out, let me know! And, please, comment on my posts--I'd like to hear from you.
--Ms. Molly



Sunday, December 1, 2013

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas!

All my Christmas decorating is done except for our tree, which will be done soon.  Jess & Neal are coming back from Seattle for an early Christmas celebration next week, so I want the house to be all ready.  Here's a look at some of my holiday decorating this year.  You'll definitely see some Pinterest-inspired looks.  Feel free to pin any of my photos you would like to keep for inspiration.

This is the dining room view from the kitchen.
 
And here's a closer look at the fireplace:
 
I used a lot of stuff I already had around the house and in storage in the basement.  I just picked up everything white, silver, gold, or glass and used it in my decorating.  Here's some even closer pics:
I bought the hurricane candle holders from Joanne's on super clearance because they were FALL items, but I knew they would work great for Christmas.  I already had the tin square behind them.  The tall glass container is from Jess & Neal's wedding, and I filled it with old-fashioned rock candy for a little color.  The mercury glass vase is an antique I've had forever.  The sparkly mirror came from my bedroom, the snowflake piece is actually a Christmas card holder with clips behind every snowflake, but I just use it plain.  I added simple greenery and pine cones, plus some red berry picks I got at the dollar store.
I already had the brass candlesticks and large sparkly candle holder.  The covered glass piece is another leftover from Jess & Neal's candy bar at their wedding.  I filled it with dollar store silver and gold jingle bells.  I picked up the antique lamp at least 15 years ago in an antique shop.  The little snowman is a bell that I received as a gift from my piano teacher when I was about five.
 
Here's a close-up of my table centerpiece:
I already had the silver charger from Pier 1 and the little white bowl.  I only added greenery, some white jingle bells, pine cones, and candles.  The red Christmas-y balls are a purchase last year from Target, but I noticed they are selling them again this year.
 
Here's the arrangement on our buffet:
The runner is from Target.  Again, all the glass pieces are from Jess & Neal's wedding candy bar, which you can see HERE.  The tallest one is a snow scape, the open dish holds old ornaments, and the piece with the lid (that you can barely see behind the little tree in the wooden box) has old-fashioned ribbon candy in it.  The little white trees on the left and the polar bear on the right are from Jess's Snowbaby collection.
 
And some close-ups:
I'm gong to add a little house to the snow scape, but I haven't found it yet in all my stuff.
 
These are all ornaments my mom gave me that were on my childhood Christmas trees.
 
These were my favorites:
They have little Christmas characters in them, and I used to love looking at them when I was little.
 
Here's the pie safe.  Sorry the picture is so poor.
I kept this area pretty simple.  I put some wrapping paper rolls and ribbon in a small blue tub on the floor.  I decided to leave our family picture where it usually hangs, but I added a picture of our front door after a snowfall for a holiday touch.
 
Here's a close-up:
 
My phone (Yes, we still have a land line) and Ipod speaker had to stay here, but I added a Christmas place mat and a wire basket.  A Christmas-scented Yankee candle and a mason jar filled with candy canes are in the basket.  The little snowman is a photo holder, and I always put out my old pictures of my kids with Santa in it.
 
And a few more random decorating pictures:
 
My dad made this bookshelf and the duck on the bottom shelf, and I always fill it with holiday decorations.  This year I included a Christmas scrapbook of my kids through the years, more of my kids' Santa photos, the jingle bell box I made last year, and other miscellaneous decorations I've received as gifts and/or accumulated through the years.
 
This antique wooden bowl is always somewhere in my house.  For Christmas I added pine cones and some cheap gold picks from the dollar store.
 
And finally, to remind me of warmer climates during a chilly Iowa holiday season, I used a white tray (again a FALL clearance item from Joanne's), a glue glass bottle topped with a silver door hanger from the dollar store, a conch shell and some white jingle bells.
 
More pics of my tree when it's trimmed are coming soon.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment