Welcome to My Blog!

Hi! Thanks for visiting! If you have a blog or other favorite website you'd like me to check out, let me know! And, please, comment on my posts--I'd like to hear from you.
--Ms. Molly



Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Ruby Rainbow Card

This anytime card is definitely not everyone's taste, because it's so busy, but I like the artsy feel of it. It will be for sale, along with many of my cards, in Colfax, Iowa, at Spring City Vintage. Whether or not shoppers looking for vintage items will be interested in this type of card is questionable, but I make what I feel like at the time, so we'll see.

 
I started out with a Dyan Reaveley style background:
 
I used her color-blocking style I learned at her workshop at Memory Bound in Ankeny, Iowa. I used Dylusions paints by Rangers in the colors of Black Marble, Crushed Grape, Vibrant Turquoise, and Fresh Lime. All the stencils were Dylusions as well. I also edged the paper in Black Marble.
 
Then I doodled over the background:
 
 
I mostly used a white pen, but I also used Dylusions Crushed Grape paint pen. The doodling was done purposely sloppy.
 
Then using the Ruby Rainbow stamps, also by Dylusions, I stamped out my images on to some old dictionary pages.
 
 
I colored the images partly with my Dylusions pens and partly with my Copic markers.
 
 
I cut the images out and glued them on my page. I went around the whole image with a wide black line to keep it from getting lost in the busy background.  I added "remember to take risks" with Tim Holt'z idea-ology Big Chat words, used my white marker to highlight the image and words, and then glued it to my card.
 
 
Here she is finished again. Thanks for checking out my blog!
Cheers,
Molly

2 comments:

  1. This is so cool!!! I love the bright colors! Great background!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Angela! I LOVE Dyan Reaveley's bright paints.

      Delete