Welcome to My Blog!

Hi! Thanks for visiting! If you have a blog or other favorite website you'd like me to check out, let me know! And, please, comment on my posts--I'd like to hear from you.
--Ms. Molly



Thursday, September 7, 2017

Family Vacation Layout No, 4: The Arcade

Wisconsin Dells

This is the fourth in a series of layouts, to see the first three click on one of these links: Layout One; Layout Two; or Layout Three.


I don't know how many arcades our resort had, but we definitely hit all the big ones. Finn loved that he could play some of the games, and all the lights and machines were very exciting for him. And since we're all kids at heart, we all got into the spirit and played along too. Who doesn't enjoy skee ball or a good crane game where you win a ball the size of a beach ball?
 
Here's my layout for the arcade:

As you can tell, I wanted it to reflect the super busy, overstimulating atmosphere of the arcade.
Here's the left page up close:
 
 
The papers for these pages are all, I'm pretty sure, discontinued.  All from CTMH, they are from most recent to oldest, Adventure "Fundamentals," "Confetti Wishes," and "Hooligans." I was so happy to find a use for the old "Hooligans" paper that actually has a video game theme!
I stamped the title banner with one of my all-time favorite alphabets: CTMH's "Pennant Alphabet." It wasn't shiny enough alone, so I added Ranger's Glossy Accents.
 
 The embellishments are an assortment of CTMH and other stuff from my stash, none of it new. This was a great layout to use up some old items. Here's a close-up of some of them, along with that "Hooligan" video game paper. The little white words on black backgrounds are from Tim Holtz's Ideology collection "Big Chat."--probably the only current product on the layout!
 
 
Here's a closer look at the right layout.
 
 
It's more busy-ness in paper and embellishments. The "Be Happy love life" are cut from a B&T paper in the Fundamentals "Adventure" pack. 
 
 
 You can kind of see in this close-up that I used Rangers Glossy Accents again over the letters to give them a shine. And here's a last look at the whole layout:
 
 
 
A great vacation! I can't believe I've already finished the scrapbook pages for it. That's definitely something I haven't been very good at keeping up on in the last several years.
 
 I'm ready for another one! Next up, the Parrotheads go to Pensacola for a long weekend, and I'm ready! Will it get scrapbooked in a timely manner? Probably not, but It's good t have goals. 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment