Welcome to My Blog!

Hi! Thanks for visiting! If you have a blog or other favorite website you'd like me to check out, let me know! And, please, comment on my posts--I'd like to hear from you.
--Ms. Molly



Sunday, February 10, 2019

Valentines for the Grandkids

I try to send mail to my grandkids on every holiday and their birthdays and postcards when we're out of town. I remember how fun it was to receive mail as a kid, and with technology, it's even more rare now.

I think they turned out super cute, and they came together pretty quickly.

First, Finn's card:


The cactus, glasses, and sentiment are all from Simon Says Stamp. I colored them with Copic markers. The cactus and glasses are adhered with black dimensional tape. The white dots and the "thorns" on the cactus are Nuvo drops. The hearts are punched from and OLD EK Success punch.

Here's Shae's card:


Again, the sentiment, sun, and sunglasses are from Simon Says Stamp and colored with Copics. Nuvo drops make up the white dots and the gold dots on the edge of the sun. The sun and glasses are raised with black dimensional tape.

All of the stamps are from the same Simon Says Stamp set, One Cool Pineapple:


This set is really cute and works for lots of occasions. The pictures are really fun to color too. It doesn't look like a set I would normally buy, but I've joined Simon Says Stamp monthly card making kit subscription. I'm really enjoying it. Every month you get a preview of the kit, and you aren't required to buy it, but I'm trying to diversify my stamps and products. The kits come with some or a combination of stamps, inks, embellishments, papers, stickers, envelopes, cards, embossing powders, etc. I highly recommend the kit.

Thanks for looking at my post. Surprise someone with a handmade Valentine this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment