Welcome to My Blog!

Hi! Thanks for visiting! If you have a blog or other favorite website you'd like me to check out, let me know! And, please, comment on my posts--I'd like to hear from you.
--Ms. Molly



Sunday, January 27, 2013

Happily Ever After Wedding Card

What a horrible picture.  If I wasn't so lazy, I'd do a re-take, but that would cut into my crafting time, so nope.  The castle in the background is a wood mount from Whipper Snapper Designs called "Princiess Village."  I used CTMH watercolor pencils to color it and added some Stickles to the flags.  Yesterday at my LSS I found the stamp of the princess and knight ("Good Knight Kiss") from Stampendous for 50% off, and I knew it would go perfect with the castle stamp.  I colored it with Copics, embellished it with CTMH's Glitz Glitter Gel, and attached it with dimensional adhesive.  In real life, the knight & princess area really pops because it's colored in brighter colors and is raised while the background castle is more muted.  I also added a few little flowers from Recollections to the flowers already in the castle image.  I added Liquid Pearls to the stamped and paper flowers to tie them together.  The fairy tale-like sentiment comes from an old CTMH stamp set "Soul Mates."  I would keep this set forever for this sentiment alone.  I use it on A LOT of wedding cards.
This isn't where I got my inspiration for the card, but after I was done, the card reminded me of this recent photo of Neal & Jess from Vegas outside the Excalibur:
...and they lived happily ever after

No comments:

Post a Comment