Welcome to My Blog!

Hi! Thanks for visiting! If you have a blog or other favorite website you'd like me to check out, let me know! And, please, comment on my posts--I'd like to hear from you.
--Ms. Molly



Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Vintage Cards and Avonlea

I was in the mood to make some vintage (or vintage looking at least) cards today.  I used CTMH's Avonlea papers for all these cards.  Avonlea was new in the last CTMH Idea Book, but it was popular enough to be carried into the new Spring/Summer catty available Feb 1 as well.  I used it for a vintage look with these cards, but I just used it on my New Year's Eve layout, and it looks completely different--not vintage at all.  To purchase the Avonlea paper pack or any other CTMH products, go HERE to my CTMH website or click on the link in the right column.
Here are some close ups:
This is a copy of an original postcard I have with this little girl on it.  I think she's really cute, and I've used this image before.  The flowers, leaves, and flower centers are all CTMH embellishments. 
I love this card.  The picture is a copy, but it's the first time I've used it.  I printed the sentiment and punched it out.  The flowers are from Recollections, and the black gems are from CTMH.
My friend Jane gave me a bunch of her childhood Valentines from the 1960s.  Isn't it cute?  All these cards are different, but I think the Avonlea paper works well on all of them.  The flowers are from Recollections, and the small red hearts are from a punch.
This time I used a piece cut from an actual early 1900s postcard.  I wove the papers for a little interest and added some Recollections flowers and CTMH mini pearls.  All the edges have been distressed with brown ink.

No comments:

Post a Comment