Welcome to My Blog!

Hi! Thanks for visiting! If you have a blog or other favorite website you'd like me to check out, let me know! And, please, comment on my posts--I'd like to hear from you.
--Ms. Molly



Friday, February 14, 2014

Shake Your Grass Birthday Card

Beachy themes are definitely my favorite.  When our closest Archiver's was having its going-out-of-business markdowns, I picked up this aging hula girl from Art Impressions called "Hula Set."  I colored her with Copic markers and added some Recollections flowers to her skirt.  The sentiment is a new mini stamp from CTMH, "Heartfelt Birthday Wish."  I used Copics again on it and then added a little sparkle with a Spica clear marker. (You probably can't see the sparkle unless you click on the image to make it larger.)  The paper, also CTMH, is "Lollydoodle," which I've used several times already.
 
The "Hula Set" is funny because you also get a little spring contraption that I used inside the card:
I affixed another image of the bottom half of the hula dancer with the spring, so when you open the card the image jiggles.  The sentiment, "Shake Your Grass" on the right also came with the same stamp set.
 
Here's a closer look at the inside image:
You can see how the image is raised, and at this angle you can glimpse the stick-on part of the spring.
I love how it turned out.  It's perfect for one of my Parrothead friend's birthday, because we've worn our share of grass skirts over the years and "shaken our grass."

No comments:

Post a Comment