Welcome to My Blog!

Hi! Thanks for visiting! If you have a blog or other favorite website you'd like me to check out, let me know! And, please, comment on my posts--I'd like to hear from you.
--Ms. Molly



Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Davis Bayou Layout

Our vacation wasn't all beaches and sun.  We also explored the Gulf Island National Seashore National Park.  In Mississippi near Biloxi, part of that park is Davis Bayou.  Here's the two-page layout of our pictures of the bayou and an alligator we found.  I used black cs for the base pages and six-inch pieces of B&T paper from CTMH's "Wanderful" papers on the inner halves of both pages.  The B&T paper is quite a bit more olive green than the pictures reflect.
 
 
Here's a closer look at page 1:
 
I used CTMH's Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge for the large letters and the leafy branches on both pages.  I don't usually like the look of Cricut cartridges plain (too coloring book looking), so I added ink to the edges of the CTMH Colonial White cs letters and black embellishments to the capital letters.
 
Here's a comparison of the branch cutout with and without shading.  It makes a huge difference.  I also added some black Stickles to each leaf for more detail.
 
 
 
And here's page two:
 
The little circle photo (a bullfrog) is raised with dimensional adhesive.  The small words on both pages are stamped with CTMH's "Keyboard" alphabet stamp set.
I added black Stickles and some sparkles for eyes to the dragonfly.
 
 
Here's the final layout again:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment