Welcome to My Blog!

Hi! Thanks for visiting! If you have a blog or other favorite website you'd like me to check out, let me know! And, please, comment on my posts--I'd like to hear from you.
--Ms. Molly



Sunday, January 3, 2016

New Year, New Art, New Plans!!!

After several years (I can't tell you how many without looking it up--almost ten, I think), I am no longer selling Close to My Heart scrapbooking products. I decided to quit because my own creativity was falling outside of CTMH's box. I will miss getting a discount on a lot of the products, and I'm sure I'll be ordering from time to time from another consultant. 
 
Just because it's no longer my main focus of crafting products, let me tell you my top three favorites from CTMH, in no particular order: (1) Cardstock. I love the weight and white core. This is one product I'll probably still be purchasing.  (2) The Cricut Cartridges. Some of the cartridges are so good, that you hardly need to own more than one cartridge--there are that many great images on them. (3) Clear Stamps. I just can hardly use the wood mounted stamps anymore.
 
So what am I going to do differently with my crafting?  Not much. I'm still going to make and sell cards and other projects on commission. I'm still going to make vintage look and holiday items for sale at Colfax's Spring City Vintage. I'm still scrapbooking for myself. I do plan to create more art journaling projects, however. I'm a HUGE fan of Dyan Reavely and her products and plan to create more art within that style. 
 
As an example, here's a sneak peak of something I'm currently working on:
 
 
It's a travel journal for our upcoming Hawaii vacation. I've used CTMH and Ranger, and many other products. I love how chunky it already is. 
 
Here are some of the inside pages. I'll add photos, lots of journaling, doodling, and ephemera while on our nine-day journey.
 
watercolor on left & "accidental page" on right

Dylusions inspired

journaling page & spray-ink page
 
B&T paper with tags
 
I got the cute new Ranger bag in the Dyan Reavely style for Christmas. At first look, you might think this tiny, odd-dimensioned bag is not very useful.
 
It's going with me to Hawaii. It will hold all my pens, glue, and little journaling spots and embellishments perfectly. I'll probably work on the journal on the planes, when I get up at the butt-crack of dawn because of the time change, and just when I feel like sitting on our ocean front lanai and being creative. More photos later of it completed, or at least further along.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment