Welcome to My Blog!

Hi! Thanks for visiting! If you have a blog or other favorite website you'd like me to check out, let me know! And, please, comment on my posts--I'd like to hear from you.
--Ms. Molly



Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Hawaii Travel Journal - Part 4

Last Pages of Our Hawaiian Adventure

It was sooo pretty there.
 
These pages are some of my favorite, even though they're not yet done. At a Dyan Reavely class last spring, Dyan taught us how to do these technique in our journals with her curved edge acrylic block. Everyone who looks at my journal loves it. I painted this pages mostly with water colors, except for the first page, which I think was done with Dylusion inks.
 

I used these pages to highlight my tropical drinks. Because, hey, when you're in the tropics, you have to have a few tropical drinks (ore more).  This first one is the classic Blue Hawaii from the restaurant/bar Tropics.

This is the Tropical Itch, complete with actual back scratcher. I may have bought the drink because of the back scratcher, but I was pleasantly surprised at how good it was. They sold these at the infamous Duke's.

My drink of choice for the whole trip: the Lava Flow. My favorite was from the Hau Tree Tiki Bar right on the beach just steps from the elevator at our hotel.

This little tiki hut came from a scrapbook kit at least 20 years old. I trimmed it to fit my book. I never throw anything away that I think I might want to use later.


These pages including my toes at the pool have a background have a background made from cleaning off my watercolor brushes. I'll add some doodling later.
I made the flap from a page I cut to make the curved edge pages earlier. Behind is a large night picture of Diamond Head I cut out from my guidebook. I'll never need that book again, so why not use it?
Here are some of the last pages. I put our return plane tickets on the last page and journaled about the long red-eye flight home. :(


And that's it! Even the rubber band closure can't contain this chunky book! Thanks for looking and letting me share my journal and trip with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment