Welcome to My Blog!

Hi! Thanks for visiting! If you have a blog or other favorite website you'd like me to check out, let me know! And, please, comment on my posts--I'd like to hear from you.
--Ms. Molly



Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Hawaii Travel Journal Pt. 2

More Hawaii Memories

It snowed in Iowa last night--snowed! And today is the first day of spring. I'm missing this beach outside our Hawaii hotel.
 
Back to my journal:
Climbing the Diamond Head crater got several pages dedicated to it, because I was pretty proud of myself for not having a heart attack doing it. :)  The page above has a pocket on the left, and the black page tucks in underneath it. The right side background was done with Dyan Reavely Dylusions paints from Ranger.

More Diamond head memorabilia and photos. I glued the pamphlet in so I can open it to read about the climb. The left has a Dylusions paint background, and the right side is B&T paper.

These pages are B&T papers.
 
Here we are on the balcony of our room with the beach and Pacific Ocean behind us. The left side is done with Dylusions spray inks, and the palm trees are B&T paper.

I made a pocket on the left with B&T paper and cut out a little fringe for the edge. I tucked in a black tag to frame a night photo. the right side houses another pullout page.

These pages were done with watercolors. I'm going to doodle more around the edges at least. The notes are washi tape. I used my vintage typewriter to type up the song lyrics on the right side. I used my typewriter for a lot of the little lines of sayings and lyrics throughout the book.

Both these pages are B&T paper. It looks like the photo and journaling are attached with just washi tape, but I also glued them in so they stick tight.
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment