Welcome to My Blog!

Hi! Thanks for visiting! If you have a blog or other favorite website you'd like me to check out, let me know! And, please, comment on my posts--I'd like to hear from you.
--Ms. Molly



Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Family Vacation Layout No. 3

Wisconsin Dells

This is the third in a series of layouts, to see the first two click on one of these links: Layout One or  Layout Two.


The Dells are all about waterparks. Our resort alone had something like three outdoor waterparks and three indoor waterparks, including huge slides, wave pools, and anything else you can think of. 
We spent much of our time in the kiddie areas with the grandkids.  Here's the layout memorializing those times:


 
I really like this two-page spread. The papers are from CTMH's "No Worries"
Workshops Your Way. The pink and yellow cs are also CTMH. The left page is devoted to Shae, our water baby, and the second to Finn the wild child.

 
On Shae's side, I matched the cs with the pink in her super-cute sun wear. She hadn't been sitting up alone for long, and it was adorable seeing her sit up by herself in a couple inches of water.
The "Brave & Strong" sticker was from the CTMH "Jack" Workshops Your Way stickers.
The button on the top is from Dear Lizzy.  I added doodling around the striped piece and silver Stickles dots to match the title.  Here's a close-up:
 
 
When I start to run out of a set of letters, I like to mix them together, and that came together well here. The letters were from three old sets. The net is from a CTMH stamp, and I doodled the white splashes with a white pen.
 

 
Finn's side used yellow cs to match the waterslide and the yellow in his trunks. He had an absolute ball going doing the slides and playing in the water.  The title letters are from the "Jack" CTMH Workshops Your Way.
 



"Together under the Sun" is from CTMH's "No Worries."  I used up a bunch of aqua Dots from CTMH around the sticker and at the top right to resemble water. Again, I doodled the splash above the title to make it coordinate with the other page.


 
The bright, fun look of this simple two-page layout really captures the joy the kids had in the water. The two pages use a lot of different colors and elements, but they have enough like components that they really compliment each other. Here's a look at the whole layout again:
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment