Welcome to My Blog!

Hi! Thanks for visiting! If you have a blog or other favorite website you'd like me to check out, let me know! And, please, comment on my posts--I'd like to hear from you.
--Ms. Molly



Sunday, June 22, 2014

Old Oars

The barn on my family farm had to be torn down recently because it became to unstable.  During its last days it looked like this:
 
 
Before it was too dangerous to go inside, my sister smartly scavenged a pair of old oars for me, which of course I wanted for our tropical-themed deck.
 
Unfortunately, I didn't get a "before" picture, but picture them looking a lot like the barn above.
 
After a coat of blue spray paint and sealer, we wound some rope around the handles and hung them on the sides of the entrance to our deck--a fitting welcome to our own Margaritaville.
 
 
Here's a close up of the left oar, showing just how worn it was on the paddle end:
 
The Tiki Bar is open!


No comments:

Post a Comment