Welcome to My Blog!

Hi! Thanks for visiting! If you have a blog or other favorite website you'd like me to check out, let me know! And, please, comment on my posts--I'd like to hear from you.
--Ms. Molly



Sunday, June 15, 2014

Halloween in New Orleans Layout

Just under two months with no scrapbooking or card making posts?  I must be caught up with all my projects, right?  Yeahhhh, right.   Nevertheless, I'm back in the paper crafting mood, and here's a layout I made today:

 
If you've never been to New Orleans, GO!  If you've never been to New Orleans for Halloween, GO BACK!   There's a parade like only New Orleans can roll, tourists and locals dress up in great costumes, the French Quarter is decorated for the event, and the city is pretty spooky anyway with its history of voodoo and its old neighborhoods and architecture.  Plus, the crowds aren't as big as Mardi Gras, Blues Fest, or St. Patrick's Day.
 
Here's the left page:
 
I used a mixture of papers and embellishments from several different companies, so I won't list them all.   I even used stickers!--which I never use anymore.   I went with purple as my main color because it works for both Halloween and New Orleans.  The top two photos are from the Krewe of Boo parade, and the bottom one is from Bourbon Street.
 
   And, here's the right layout:
 
The center picture is St. Louis Cemetery No. 1 near the French Quarter and the others are a decorated balcony and shotgun home also in the Quarter.   I inked around both background cs pieces for an older, spookier look, and I used black to edge around all the photos as well.   All of the bats on the layout are raised with dimensional adhesive, and I've added lots of bling with Stickles and Liquid Pearls.

No comments:

Post a Comment