Welcome to My Blog!

Hi! Thanks for visiting! If you have a blog or other favorite website you'd like me to check out, let me know! And, please, comment on my posts--I'd like to hear from you.
--Ms. Molly



Friday, June 20, 2014

Overserved Layout with Sarita

The last layout was photos of us lounging at the hotel.  We had to do that, because of our behavior at night on Bourbon Street filled with drinks, dancing, lots of laughs, and not enough food.  There's something about New Orleans that makes the drinks mighty tasty....
Anyway, this layout is simply titled "Overserved?"
 

I used CTMH's "Sarita" paper pack.  I chose to add some Ruby and Whisper cs, and not to use much of the blue, so it really has a different look.

 
Here's a close-up of the large cluster on the left:
I stamped the argyle diamonds from 7 Gypsies with ruby ink right on the background B&T paper to add some dimension.  "Overserved" is stamped in Ruby ink with the "You Are My Happy" alphabet stamp set and attached with dimensional adhesive so it's raised off the page.  I used CTMH black bling and gold Durables.  The three drinks are SU stamps from their "Cheers to You"
 set, which I colored with Copic markers.
 
The bottom right-hand corner: 
My picture of our table at Pat O'Brien's turned out pretty fuzzy, so I added the "Fuzzy Memories" subtitle to go with the whole "Overserved" theme.  "Fuzzy" is with the "You Are My Happy" alphabet again.  This set is great because it includes both the upper and lower case letters in one set.  "Memories" is cut from a long-retired stamp that said "Captured Memories," and I cut out just the word "Memories."  Both words are stamped in Ruby ink.
 
Before I get called out on it, I should probably note that the term "Overserved" is a joke, and I absolutely would never blame my server(s) for the amount of alcohol consumed.  I blame that solely on my friends. [wink]
 
And here's a look at the whole page again:
 
Good times.  This layout makes me smile and want to go back to NOLA.

No comments:

Post a Comment