Welcome to My Blog!

Hi! Thanks for visiting! If you have a blog or other favorite website you'd like me to check out, let me know! And, please, comment on my posts--I'd like to hear from you.
--Ms. Molly



Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Key West Scrapbooking

Tom & Molly in Key West:
 
This is one of those layouts that looks so much better in person, that I almost didn't post it. Picture the black dots a little muted and everything looking, well, just better.
 
We went to Key West in December with ten of our best friends, and I'm almost done with ALL the pages. I'll post them all one by one. This one is probably the best pic of Tom and me during the trip. It's not at the beach, but it does overlook water and looks tropical.
 
 
I saw a mini book where someone had used light blue and black for beach pictures and loved it. Little did I know it wouldn't photograph well for me. :( 
 
I started out by making my own background paper with white cs:
 
Then I selected all the papers I wanted to use. I used scraps for everything! It really made me feel very resourceful.
Everything was blue-tinted, with a little bit of peachy pink to match my shirt. (More photo issues: the paper that looks green and grey is actually a very beachy blue and light green.)
 
Then I started cutting paper. I knew the general layout I would use. I've used it before, and I think it's common enough I don't need to give credit to anyone for the pattern. I see the horizontal strips with thinner vertical strips a lot. I don't spend a lot of time measuring. I just eye it and cut.
I tore the edge of the biggest piece for a beachy/casual feel. Most of the paper is distressed with black ink (hard to see) and I matted the photo and the paper directly under it in white for definition.
 
I used dimensional adhesive on the photo then gathered up all my mismatched embellishments that matched either in color and theme. CTMH users will recognize some very old embellishments. I even added a rub-on heart and an old acrylic tag.
 
Here's the finished piece again:
In person, it came out great! I go back and forth with the scrapbooking style of one photo per page or multiple photos. One per page is more artsy, but when you have a lot of pictures, it's just too many pages to do, so I save it for photos I really like.
 
More Key West layouts to follow....

No comments:

Post a Comment