Welcome to My Blog!

Hi! Thanks for visiting! If you have a blog or other favorite website you'd like me to check out, let me know! And, please, comment on my posts--I'd like to hear from you.
--Ms. Molly



Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Key West Layouts (post 2)

The Best Wave of Your Life Is Still Out There:
 
 
This was one of the quickest and easiest layouts I've done in awhile. I started with one of those cheap background papers from the 1990s. I wish I would have taken a picture of it "before."
It looked like this one, except no palm tree and had the hibiscus in the corner:
Remember these? I think it came with an old vacation kit, complete with cheap album. Anyway, I'm all about using up my stash lately since I've reorganized my studio, so I used it just for the bamboo outline and flower.
 
I added the pictures (no mats) and clusters that included beach sayings, flowers, bling, and our resort key.
 
 
The sayings are all on different-sized punches and are affixed with dimensional adhesive. After everything was on, I went over the hibiscus and all the bamboo joints with sparkly Stickles. It really changed the page. Here's the final layout again:
 
It is my last layout of the trip and includes photos from four different spots on Key West. The border and all the flowers tie them all together. Incidentally, that drink on the lower left? It was AWFUL--too thick and creamy for a hot day. But, the straw was fun, and it was definitely picture-worthy.
 
More Key West layouts coming....

No comments:

Post a Comment