Welcome to My Blog!

Hi! Thanks for visiting! If you have a blog or other favorite website you'd like me to check out, let me know! And, please, comment on my posts--I'd like to hear from you.
--Ms. Molly



Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Junk Album - Part 4 (finished!)

This is Part 4 and the final post of my Junk Album.  It always feels great to complete a project that has been in the works for a few months!  Part 1 can be found HERE.  Part 2 is HERE, and click HERE for Part 3.

 I used some of CTMH's Dotty for You papers for the Orange Beach pages.  These pages are of our hotel in Orange Beach and, of course, the beach.

Yep, more Parrothead stuff.  We went to Jimmy Buffett's sister's restaurant and bar--Lulu's.
I bought some small merchandise in the giftshop there and kept the sack, punched holes in it, and it fits perfectly in the album.  I don't think I've ever mentioned that my largest album pages and the covers are 11" x 7.5".  The odd dimensions adds too the "junky" look I think.

I stuck random stuff I couldn't/didn't want to scrapbook into the bag:  more beads, hotel notepad, a matchbook, and a lanyard.  It's a great place to stash the extras that usually end up filling a junk drawer.

I glued a postcard I bought at Lulu's on the back of the sack.  Postcards are great additions to scrapbooks, especially photos of arial views you can't get yourself.  I did a little stamping on the bag too.  The right side has more pics from Lulu's.  (How cool is it that my drink came with a silly straw?)

The last pages of the Orange Beach area are from the beach before a storm.  I loved the changing colors and shapes of the clouds.

I went back to CTMH's Cruisin' papers and stickers for the last pages, which incorporate a few miscellaneous pictures from the road trip.  Teresa celebrated her birthday on our last night out.  I'm not sure if you can read the journaling on the lower left of the picture, but this is definitely the first time I've used the word "sodomizing" on a scrapbook page!


Here's a look at just how thick and junky the finished album is:


And a last look at the cover again:


Thanks for looking at this and all my other creations!

No comments:

Post a Comment