Welcome to My Blog!

Hi! Thanks for visiting! If you have a blog or other favorite website you'd like me to check out, let me know! And, please, comment on my posts--I'd like to hear from you.
--Ms. Molly



Thursday, July 2, 2020

Baymax Layout

Super Easy Custom Layout



Finn wasn't into the characters at Disney World like Shae was, but before we left on the trip he said he definitely wanted to meet Baymax. (Apparently, Baymax is a Big Hero 6 character. This grandma hasn't seen the movie.)

I made this layout with black cs and a simple chevron paper in shades of grey.

Close-up of left page:

I cut out the heart with a punch and made the letters with my Cricut. I'm not much of a Cricut user, and I'm not sure what cartridge these are from--possibly the one that came with the machine?

Like I've said a bunch of times, I'm trying to use my own handwriting more for journaling and am experimenting in different ways. 


Using a fine marker for some of the words, thick for some, and adding a pop of red to match the mat really turned out well, even if my handwriting wasn't the best. I just drew freehand the little hearts and Baymax "face."

Close-up of the right page:

I made the Baymax head in the bottom corner just by trial and error cutting out a piece of scrap paper and folding it in half to make it symmetrical. When I was happy with that, I used it as a pattern. The eyes (face?) is made from a straight strip of paper with punched circles on both end--same with the smaller versions on the page. I added the two pictures, another heart for a pop of red, and done! Very quick, very easy, but very dramatic.

Shae and Finn both chose Baymax plush dolls as a souvenir. Notice in the picture Shae making sure Baymax saw hers.  It was such a cute, unposed moment.

Thanks for stopping by, and please leave a comment if you like this layout. "I am a robot. I cannot be offended." (Baymax quote I just looked up.)
Cheers,
Ms. Molly

No comments:

Post a Comment