Welcome to My Blog!

Hi! Thanks for visiting! If you have a blog or other favorite website you'd like me to check out, let me know! And, please, comment on my posts--I'd like to hear from you.
--Ms. Molly



Wednesday, July 1, 2020

TriceraTop Spin

One-Page Disney World Layout



This very casual layout tries to capture this area, Dino Land, U.S.A., in Disney World's Animal Kingdom Theme Park. The area is more carnival-like than most of Disney. This ride is open air, much like you would see at any smaller amusement park. I used CTMH's  Lagoon cardstock and the B&T paper is from the CTMH "Chalk It Up" paper pack (long retired).

I pretty much made up the layout as I went, but I did copy the little off-center circle designs from a layout in Leisure Arts book, Fast Scrapbooking with 4x6 Photos (copyrighted in 2012!). The layout was called Johnny Rockets and was made by Kelly Purkey, so a shout out to her for the inspiration. Yes, I still have scrapbook BOOKS, and I still like to thumb through them and magazines for ideas. Even if they are old and out of date style-wise, they can usually offer some inspiration.  But, like most people, Pinterest has become my go-to place for ideas.


I used three different sized circle punches, a star punch, dimensional adhesive, and "silver moondust" Nuvo Glittler Drops to make mine. They add a little circular motion to this layout for a spinning ride. 

Fun fact: When I posted this layout, I realized I had spelled "TriceraTops" incorrectly, so I went back and changed the second "i" to an "a" in my journaling and glued a new "a" banner over the "i" banner. Good as new. Here's a before--Oops!


Lots more Disney layouts to post, so I hope you keep checking in.

Cheers,
Ms. Molly

No comments:

Post a Comment