Welcome to My Blog!

Hi! Thanks for visiting! If you have a blog or other favorite website you'd like me to check out, let me know! And, please, comment on my posts--I'd like to hear from you.
--Ms. Molly



Saturday, July 4, 2020

Happy 4th of July!

Using Papers Together That Weren't Sold as a Set


I'm always coming up with goals. I never stick with them, but I'm really good at creating them. My newest goal is to work on the grandkids' books. Another goal is to use up my stash of paper. This layout works toward both goals. I made this for pictures from a 4th of July parade in 2016 (only 4 years later!)
.

Try to ignore the carpet around the outer edge. I didn't realize how busy that made the pages look. I'm pretty short on cs that's a true red, so I took some white cs and stamped a pattern all around the edges for my base. 


The red hearts background paper (hearts aren't just for valentines) and the two different blue-themed papers are all from different CTMH paper packs. 


The second page has one of the blue papers for the background, again because I was very short on any kind of red paper. The red and blue stars are glittery felt pieces from my large stash of miscellaneous. The white stars (both sizes) are punched from white cs. I also added Nuvo Crystal Drops: Simply White and Silver Lining.

I can't believe my little Finn is 5 years old and ready to start kindergarten now. Also, looking at the parade photos I didn't use on the layout makes me appreciate all the events that have to be cancelled this year to keep us all healthy.

Happy 4th of July!
--Ms. Molly


No comments:

Post a Comment