Welcome to My Blog!

Hi! Thanks for visiting! If you have a blog or other favorite website you'd like me to check out, let me know! And, please, comment on my posts--I'd like to hear from you.
--Ms. Molly



Tuesday, July 7, 2020

Disney World's Art of Animation

Family Suite Layout in the Lion King Area



Not gonna lie: Disney costs a lot of money. We stayed in a value resort and were perfectly happy. We've stayed in more expensive Disney properties before, but we think for little kids the over-the-top cartoon themes at the value resorts is not only fine, but maybe preferable. We specifically chose the Art of Animation Resort because it offers a family suite, which the other value resorts do not (or did not at the time anyway).

Here's the layout I created showing our suite. It was all Lion King/jungle themed. The papers are from the retired CTMH pack "Sangria" that matched up color-wise perfectly. The picture above was taken with page protectors on, so there are some odd streaks and glares here and there.

Here are the pages sans page protectors:


The Mickeys are punches. I punched them out four times and layered them with dimensional adhesive so they stand out from the page a little. I'm not sure where I got the journaling block. I hand wrote the journaling. The title is made with my favorite lettering stamps CTMH "Posterboard Alphabet." This time I stamped right on B&T paper from the paper pack. Here's a comparison of when I used them recently on colored cardstock:
You can see how different the stamps look depending on what you stamp them on.

 
Page two looks a little different without its page protector. Specifically, because I attached two "Flip-Flap" pages to the page protector right in front of the bottom right photo. Here's the area with the protector:


The "before" picture shows Finn on the nice, neat couch when we first arrived to our suite. The pages underneath reveal the huge mess we created while we stayed and the couch pulled out into an unmade bed. Here are some pictures of the additional photos attached to the outside of the page protector:



Not only is this cute for "before and after" pictures, but it's an easy way to add extra photos to any layout. CTMH calls them "Flip-Flaps," but I'm sure they are available from other sources as well. They come in many sizes, and I just came across mine, so I'm going to try to use them more.

Here's one more look at the finished two-page layout:



Thanks for looking! Leave me a comment!
Cheers,
Ms. Molly


No comments:

Post a Comment