Welcome to My Blog!

Hi! Thanks for visiting! If you have a blog or other favorite website you'd like me to check out, let me know! And, please, comment on my posts--I'd like to hear from you.
--Ms. Molly



Saturday, January 11, 2020

Disney Junk Journal / Travel Journal (Post 1)

Journaling Our 2019 Family Trip to Disney World

Our biggest trip last year was a Disney World vacation with Jess and her family.  I think my favorite projects right now are travel junk journals. You can see my Hawaii junk journal and family beach trip junk journal by clicking on the links.

I usually start these journals way in advance of my trip while I'm excited about going. Then we we go, I pack along some colored pens and my HP Sprocket mini printer. I try to add quotes, memories, and pictures while we're on vacation, usually on the plane or in the hotel at night before bed or early in the morning before everyone else is up and ready for the day.  That way, I have a lot of memories I might have forgotten (especially funny stuff the kids say) and finishing the book when I get home isn't so daunting.  

I used the Dylusions small journal (the blank original one) and painted the cover with Dylusions paints (Postbox Red, Black Marble, & White Linen), using some Dylusions small stencils. T added some little highlights on the black circles with a white pen--and outlined three to make a Mickey.  Then I wrote a title and date with black ink. 

                             

I ran a thick red & white striped piece of baker's twine around the spine and tied it in a knot. Then I added some black tulle and three charms--a star, airplane, and teacup--with black ribbon.







I always like my junk journals chunky and messy, with lots of bits and pieces sticking out from the edges, as you can see from the pictures to the left and above.



I left the inside of the cover plain. All the Dylusions journals have a nice pocket on the inside cover so you can store souvenirs to glue down later or odds and ends that didn't make it in the journal. I really like the half Mickey with all the words as a first page, so I left that as is.






The first pages are dedicated to the flights there. Finn  and Shae had never flown before, so it was exciting for them and a first for us flying with a then four year old and a two year old.
Most of it is stickers I've had in my stash with a bit of journaling and one of our ticket stubs.


The next pages were our arrival at Disney World. I included some luggage tags and a few pics from the Magical Express ride and the Art of Animation resort. On the right side, I added a pocket that holds six thin journaling slips. 


I wrote individual memories from the trip there on the slips. 


Each slip has a white punched Mickey on it. The white-on-white makes it almost look embossed.

The last page for this post shows a pretty boring page, but it's one we like to refer to. On the left side was our basic plan for each day. We didn't make a lot of Fast Pass or dining reservations, but we had a few. And there was one character we wanted to see on a certain day. We knew our plans would change when we got there. On the right side are notes about what parks and activities we actually did on each day. It's fun to look back at, and it helps figure out what day particular pictures were taken too.

I drew all the Mickeys with a marker, and I wish I would have taken more time. A lot of them look like bunnies!

Thanks for looking! More posts on this journal are on the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment